Re: where's the wish list for F11?

Matthias Clasen wrote:
On Sat, 2008-11-22 at 00:18 -0300, Thomas M Steenholdt wrote:

Why not simply provide the default fontconfig package, with the ability to load fonts from say "/usr/local/share/fonts" ?

People with this kind of need could simple become root and copy their fonts into that directory and be done with it...

Why not?

Because it is even easier to just copy the font to ~/.fonts. No need to
become root. If you want a graphical way to do this, install
nautilus-actions, and look at http://www.grumz.net/?q=node/334

Matthias

I know there's been mention of graphical tools, but that's not what I'm suggesting here.

What I'm suggesting is a system-wide equivalent of ~/.fonts.

/Thomas