Hint regarding the "Requesting your help fixing up some package summaries" mails

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Sat Nov 22 16:34:41 UTC 2008

On 21.11.2008 16:43, Richard Hughes wrote:
> On Thu, 2008-11-20 at 14:33 +0000, Richard Hughes wrote:
>> The packaging guidelines have a single sentence on package
>> summaries:
>> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging/Guidelines#Summary_and_description
>>  "The summary should be a short and concise description of the
>> package"
> Sorry to keep going on about this,  but this is the contents of the
> email I'm about to send to ~50 package maintainers.

To all those that got that mail: if you want to know which of you
packages have problems check the headers of the mails you got. You'll
find something like this:

> [...] Received: by qw-out-2122.google.com with SMTP id
> 3so259690qwe.47 for <rss2email-owner at fedoraproject.org>; Sat, 22 Nov
> 2008 07:43:09 -0800 (PST)
> [...]

E.g. in this case it was rss2email that needs work.

@Richard, do you really expect that those people with more than (say) 5
packages check all those 419 lines in the files you attached to look
which of their packages need to be changed (reminder: some people own
even more than 200 packages iirc)?

Cu
knurd