RFC: fix summary text for lots of packages

Christoph Wickert christoph.wickert at googlemail.com
Sun Nov 23 11:18:38 UTC 2008

Am Samstag, den 22.11.2008, 19:33 +0100 schrieb Emmanuel Seyman:
> * Richard Hughes [22/11/2008 15:38] :
> >
> > On Fri, 2008-11-21 at 20:49 +0100, Emmanuel Seyman wrote:
> >
> > > Out of curiosity, how much is "Many"?
> >
> > At the moment, one.
>
> FWIW, I don't appreciate our maintainers being lied to. The vast
> majority of them work hard to make their packages and I believe that a
> minimum of respect should be shown.

Sorry, but so should you. Richard is one of the most productive Fedora
developers, so "working hard" also applies to him. It is ridiculous to
accuse him of lying, especially because he was right: From a user's POV
there are several apps. Not only (gnome-)packagekit, think of synaptic
for example.

> > So it's not just a case of it being shown prominently in "one"
> > application at all.
>
> But it is a case of changing one application versus changing 500.

Although I disagree with Richard in some details, he is right that we
need better summaries. A lot of summaries start "foo is a...." wich is
just useless. The summaries should be unified and it does not really
matter how much packages are affected. The larger the number is, the
more important it is.

> Emmanuel

Regards,
Christoph