RFC: fix summary text for lots of packages

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Sun Nov 23 12:53:47 UTC 2008

On Sat, 22 Nov 2008 21:53:46 -0500, Tom Lane wrote:

> address how to describe subpackages.  I'm less than convinced that
> it would be productive to avoid using "MySQL" in the subpackage
> descriptions.

Yes, known thing. Sub-packages usually create a reference to a main package.
And then it's hard to not mention the package %{name} or program name.

With "postgresql" (albeit not limited to postgresql) the added difficulty
is that the main package contains only parts of the suite. The server files
are in another package. Else the main package could be have the summary:

  Advanced Object-Relational database management system using SQL

Yeah, have fun with finding multiple summaries that describe the
sub-packages then. ;)