Re: where's the wish list for F11?

Roberto Ragusa wrote:
Thomas M Steenholdt wrote:

Why not simply provide the default fontconfig package, with the ability
to load fonts from say "/usr/local/share/fonts" ?

Good idea.
This is exactly what I've done to add some unpackaged fonts
to my system.
A comment in /etc/fonts/fonts.conf says you should have local
modifications in /etc/fonts/local.conf.

This is the content of my local.conf:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE fontconfig SYSTEM "fonts.dtd">
<fontconfig>
  <dir>/usr/local/share/fonts</dir>
</fontconfig>

OK, so I set up local.conf in /etc/fonts. Then what? It just works? Reboot? Restart some service? Restart X? Does it work for Type1 as well as TT?

I'm stunned it could be so easy. It as though there's cabalistic knowledge on Fedora only the initiates know.

sean

sean