Re: NetworkManager cli docs

On Sun, 2008-11-23 at 14:33 +0100, nodata wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Can anyone point me at the docs for configuring NetworkManager without
> the tray applet?
>
> I've tried google, the gnome.org nm page, and the man pages. I can't
> find a thing.

NetworkManager provides a D-Bus API for controlling network connections,
as seen here:  http://people.redhat.com/dcbw/NetworkManager/spec.html .

For setting up network connections without a user settings service,
NetworkManager provides a system-wide settings service which reads
ifcfg-* files like you'd normally create on Fedora.  Be sure to set
NM_CONTROLLED=yes, and NetworkManager should pick them up and use them
as long as ONBOOT=yes (which means bring it up automatically).

Dan