No way to shut down from, gdm in F-10

Hi,

I booted F-10 up into run level 3. Logged in as root. Did some things and ran
init 5. After I was done using the computer, I wanted to shut it down. There
is absolutely nothing that I can click on that will let me shutdown the
computer. (Try it.) What I ended up doing is logging in and opening a terminal
and typing poweroff, but I don't think that is the right way for a gdm session
to end.

Why are we doing it like this?

-Steve