Re: RFC: Changing default filesystem parameters for power management reasons

On 27.11.2008 16:33, Matthew Garrett wrote:
[...] Of course, it would also be helpful to stop applications generating dirty pages where possible. This would obviously be reverted if the system enters a critical power state.
[...]
Any thoughts?

Is there a "disktop" we could use to fine those app that generating dirty pages without need? E.g. something as easy to use as powertop, just for disks? If not I'd tend to say it might make sense to create one, as finding and reporting the culprits that spin up the disks might help this whole effort a lot.

CU
knurd