Re: RFC: Changing default filesystem parameters for power management reasons

Ralf Ertzinger wrote:
Hi.

On Fri, 28 Nov 2008 07:01:37 +0100, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:

I wouldn't call iotop as easy to use at powertop. And the latter
afaics was such a success mainly because it was so easy to use.

And because it had those nice 'press X to turn off Y' hints.

I've been looking at the existing system tap scripts lately for that and most of them weren't aimed at that from what i could tell. I'm probably going to rework one of them to basically do what powertop does for disk io as i'm less interested in kb/sec reads and writes but more in read/write operations per minute per process.

Regards, Phil

--
Philipp Knirsch              | Tel.:  +49-711-96437-470
Team Lead Core Services      | Fax.:  +49-711-96437-111