Fedora 10 on Asus eee 701 feedback

Miroslav Lichvar mlichvar at redhat.com
Sat Nov 29 19:12:02 UTC 2008

On Sat, Nov 29, 2008 at 02:51:33PM +0100, Valent Turkovic wrote:
> Are there any asus eee users that have similar experience? Any
> tips/tricks for us eee users?

After installing F10 on a 4GB SD card I had the following problems:

- a cache (I suspect the one in the reader) wasn't flushed on
  reboot/poweroff, so there was always filesystem check on start. A
  sleep command added to the halt init script fixed it.
- wireless didn't work after suspend, I didn't try the madwifi driver
- Fn+F2 key (with rfkill-input module loaded) worked only after some
  time has passed, and wireless didn't work after turning it on again
- snd-hda-intel driver prevented CPU entering C3 state and sometimes
  the machine didn't power off. Using power_save=15 option for the
  driver fixed both problems.

I think I've seen all of this reported in bugzilla. Everything else I
tried worked fine.

--
Miroslav Lichvar