ehci-hcd patch for alsa-driver-1.0.18rc3 snd-usb-us122l module

Philippe Carriere philippe-f.carriere at wanadoo.fr
Sun Oct 19 10:26:17 UTC 2008

Hi,

I guess (and hope) you plan to soon integrate the last
alsa-driver-1.0.18rc3 modules. I alerted the alsa devel team
(http://mailman.alsa-project.org/pipermail/alsa-devel/2008-October/011349.html) that the usb ehci-hcd module has to patched in order to have snd-usb-us122l module (the driver for the Tascam US-122l, USB 2.0 soundcard) to work. Unfortunately, the corresponding patch is not yet integrated to linux kernel and is not scheduled until 2.6.28 or still later.

>From mid-june 2008, I provided, on my personal website, patched kernel
for Fedora 9 (including patched ehci-hcd and part of what became
alsa-driver-1.0.18rc3) under 2.6.25 and presently 2.6.26 kernel for
support of Tascam US-122L. Now, an official integration in Fedora would
be the better way for standart users.

So the first question is: do you plan to integrate alsa-driver-1.0.18rc3
modules and if so, when ?
The next question is: which way you imagine for integrating the ehci-hcd
patch ? Directly adding the patch in kernel packaging (as I do) or
providing an alternative module (I am not very usual with the method to
do so) ?

I enclose the patch I just successly tested with rawhide Fedora 10 beta.
Note that this version is almost the same than the one I sent to
alsa-devel, essentially fitting exactly the line numbering.

Regards

Phil.