The Big ACL Opening

Patrice Dumas pertusus at free.fr
Tue Oct 21 15:00:55 UTC 2008

On Tue, Oct 21, 2008 at 07:34:07AM -0700, Jesse Keating wrote:
> On Tue, 2008-10-21 at 11:50 +0200, Michael Schwendt wrote:
> >
> > Now you talk about fixing "all the problems".
> > So, where is the full documentation on this? For example, will sponsors
> > finally be able to touch all their sponsorees' packages if necessary?
>
> This particular change is not yet made, however I think some of the work
> Casey and Toshio did for the change we did make would make this bit
> easier, to have it specific rather than implicit via the uberpackager
> group as Patrice suggests.

Well, I think that having all sponsor be uberpackager is enough to give
them enough rights to touch the sponsoree packages, and it would be
consistent with
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers/Policy/WhoIsAllowedToModifyWhichPackages#afterinclude
to have them able to touch almost everybody packages.

(in fact, many packagers who aren't considered to be "Experienced
packagers" will be uberpackagers, although they are not necessarily up
to the task, just because it was the only possible status in the past).

But what would still be missing would be something that allow to setup
watchbugzilla and watchcommit per-person and not per-package, such that
someone can monitor someone else new packages/packages the person
co-maintains. The sponsor would automatically monitor the person
he sponsored (and could stop do so when he wants to).

--
Pat