Re: Fedora 10 early branch now available.

Jesse Keating wrote:
For those of you that wish to separate Fedora 10 stabalization work from
future development, we are now ready to process branch requests for
F-10.

If you branch your package early, builds from your new F-10 branch will
continue to go to the Fedora 10 targets.  dist-f10 for now, and
eventually dist-f10-updates-candidate.  Builds from devel/ will be sent
to dist-f11 and will be held for the Fedora 11 rawhide once we get
Fedora 10 out the door.

To request a branch, please continue to use the cvsadmin request method:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers/CVSAdminProcedure

Awesome! Is this something that is considered to become the de-facto standard (as in mass-early-branching) sooner or later?

-Jeroen