Do we care about /sbin /bin linked to /usr/lib ?

Nils Philippsen nils at redhat.com
Thu Oct 2 10:46:05 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-10-01 at 11:54 -0400, Peter Jones wrote:
> Chris Snook wrote:
>
> >> /sbin/nash uses something in /usr
> >
> > That sounds bad.
>
> Why?  When it's running during boot, it's on its own filesystem in ram anyway.

Given its very limited use, one could argue that the nash binary doesn't
belong into any *bin directory, but e.g. /usr/libexec or
even /usr/lib[64]. Or does somebody use it in a running system outside
of the initrd?

Nils
--
Nils Philippsen      "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase
Red Hat               a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty