Re: Uniform Proxy Settings

Kulbir Saini wrote:
Hi list,

Whenever I try a new version of Fedora, the first problem I face is setting the proxy. It seems for almost every application, I have to specify proxy at a different place. We have this "System -> Preferences -> Internet and Network -> Network Proxy" app to specify proxy settings. But I wonder if there is some application which obeys these settings.

Examples:

1. Yum (3.2.19-3.fc10) won't fetch proxy settings from above specified location. It has to be set via proxy option in yum.conf or http_proxy/ftp_proxy env variable.
The problem is that the above is Gnome thing, so it make sense for gnome apps to use it, but yum a low level app there should work on all systems, also sytems with no GUI.
Tim