Re: serial console config

On Fri, 2008-10-03 at 00:58 -0400, Jon Masters wrote:
> So my question was more of a WTF about that serial file.

I think it's supposed to be triggered by the udev event when the serial
port appears. We run /lib/udev/console_check on it (from a udev rule, of
course), and if it seems to be the console then _that_ will start the
serial service in upstart.

Hence, the answer "just boot with console=ttyS0 and it should work" was,
at least in theory, correct. It doesn't always work properly, though.

David Woodhouse intel com                              Intel Corporation