Re: F10 Live CD possible bug

Nathanael Noblet wrote:

On Oct 2, 2008, at 11:37 AM, Chris Snook wrote:

Nathanael Noblet wrote:
On Oct 1, 2008, at 4:08 PM, Chris Snook wrote:
Nathanael Noblet wrote:
Hello,
I downloaded the live cd of F10 beta. Booted and added the live_ram option to the boot params. After copying the image to RAM I get the following error on two machines, (Apple Mac Book, and Acer 3680).
Done copying live image to RAM.
eject: did not find a device /dev/root in /sys/block
Bug in initramfs /init detected. Dropping to a shell. Good luck!
sbin/real-init: line 7: plymouth: command not found
I know I used that param for F9. Is it depreciated or is this a bug needing filling?

Assuming it does something different when you omit the option, that's a bug. If we don't intend for it to work in F10, the option should be removed entirely, and ignored if passed by the user.

Yeah if you remove the live_ram from the boot options. It boots...
Is there a rationale for removing the option? It came in super useful for me a month or so back. I can't remember the exact issue but saved the day for me when I finally found it.

If it had been removed, it wouldn't do anything. The fact that it's doing something indicates that it's expected to still work, but broken. Please file a BZ.

Against? mkinitrd? this is in the init in the initrd but I'm not sure if it is for installed systems or not...

Since it's livecd-specific, I would blame livecd-tools for setting it up incorrectly. When in doubt, file the bug and let the developers pass the blame if needed.

-- Chris