Re: procedure for renaming a package

On Sun, 2008-10-05 at 16:06 +0200, Patrice Dumas wrote:
> A review for the sake of a rename seems a complete waste of time to me.
> I won't rename it, then, the benefits are not worth the costs.

The review gives us an opportunity to ensure that the package hasn't
drifted too far from it's original state when it was first brought in,
and it gets a second pair of eyes on the proper setup of
Provides/Obsoletes, which can go wrong and often does.  Since we have no
other formal re-review system, renames offer a little bit toward that.

Given the vast number of improper Provides/Obsoletes I've ran across, I
feel strongly that I'd like a second pair of eyes on any such additions.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- FreedomĀ² is a feature!