tab completion less useful now, due to sbin in path

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Tue Oct 7 06:37:58 UTC 2008

On 07.10.2008 07:25, Jon Stanley wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 6, 2008 at 11:36 PM, Matthew Miller <mattdm at mattdm.org> wrote:
>
>> Awesome. Accusing-people-of-bikeshed painting again. It's like tne Godwin's
>> Law of Fedora Devel or something. You get to be all snarky sounding and
>> dismissive at the same time. "Ooooh, the people who don't agree with me are
>> BIKESHED PAINTING! Zing!"
>
> I really don't think so.  This is painting the bike shed more than any
> other thread in recent memory. I don't personally use the term that
> often, and had been avoiding weighing in on this thread for precisely
> that reason, but this has now gone too far. We already decided the
> color of the bike shed, and it's blue. Reference below:
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Extras/SteeringCommittee/Meeting-20080820
>
> The proper time to voice objections to this would have been there, 6
> weeks ago now.

Afaics and iirc it was announced just 24 hours before the meeting in
question that the sbin feature is going to be discussed:
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-list/2008-August/msg00806.html

Do you consider that enough time to voice objections? I don't. But
that's IMHO not a problem in our workflow, as we afaics always can make
adjustments even when things got decided.

And it would definitely not the first time that features or improvements
need to be adjusted or even reverted once the majority of users get
aware of them in a beta. That's normal and shooting those discussion
down with "The proper time to voice objections to this would have been
there, 6 weeks ago now." is not going to bring Fedora forward.

CU
knurd