SELinux - copying ISO file content

Christian Iseli Christian.Iseli at unil.ch
Tue Oct 7 15:43:46 UTC 2008

On Mon, 06 Oct 2008 14:16:50 -0400, Daniel J Walsh wrote:
> mount -o context="system_u:object_r:vmblock:s0"  -t vboxsf
> VMShared /mnt
>
> Does this fix it?

Hmm, despite what is said in the manpage of mount, the option context=
appears to not be accepted in this case:
# mount -o context=system_u:object_r:vmblock:s0 -t vboxsf VMShared /mnt
unknown mount option `context="system_u:object_r:vmblock:s0"'
valid options:
  rw         mount read write (default)
  ro         mount read only
  uid       =<arg> default file owner user id
  gid       =<arg> default file owner group id
  ttl       =<arg> time to live for dentry
  iocharset =<arg> i/o charset (default utf8)
  convertcp =<arg> convert share name from given charset to utf8
  dmode     =<arg> mode of all directories
  fmode     =<arg> mode of all regular files
  umask     =<arg> umask of directories and regular files
  dmask     =<arg> umask of directories
  fmask     =<arg> umask of regular files

I suppose this is a problem of the mount.vboxfs utility rather than of
mount itself ?  In this case, I guess I'll look into filing a bug
report.

Cheers,
					Christian