Re: Disappointed: My feature was removed without noticing me

I wrote:
> Does "LXDE" really need to be translated? Can't we just use "LXDE" as the
> category name?

Looking at it, that's exactly what XFCE already does, so why can't LXDE just do
the same? A proper noun needs no translation.

> We could also easily write a script which takes the translations for "KDE
> desktop" (or "XFCE desktop"), does a s/KDE/LXDE/ and puts that as the
> translation of "LXDE desktop" (and refuses the translation with a warning
> if "KDE" doesn't appear, just in case it has been transliterated).

This turns out not to make sense, as KDE's string is "KDE (K Desktop
Environment)" and XFCE's string is just "XFCE".

        Kevin Kofler