Taking fedora-devel into consideration [Was: Re: tab completion less useful now, due to sbin in path]

Matej Cepl mcepl at redhat.com
Wed Oct 8 10:48:54 UTC 2008

On 2008-10-07, 06:37 GMT, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
> Afaics and iirc it was announced just 24 hours before the
> meeting in question that the sbin feature is going to be
> discussed:
> https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-list/2008-August/msg00806.html
>
> Do you consider that enough time to voice objections? I don't. But
> that's IMHO not a problem in our workflow, as we afaics always can make
> adjustments even when things got decided.

And I think, this is much more important than the matter here
itself. Last year there was another huge flamewar about replacing
sysvinit with upstart. Lot and lot of well argued arguments were
thrown against upstart (it doesn't make much difference, only
trouble) so I thought that this idea is safely in the grave.
Except couple of weeks after the last flames were vanquished, yum
brought me upstart replacing sysvinit.

Does anybody from FESCO cares about what's discussed here, or do
they let us waste our time and decide whatever they wanted all
the time anyway?

(sorry for offended tone of the message, but I am offended by
this),

Matěj