Re: Obsoletes question: codeina

On Wed, 2008-10-08 at 20:16 +0300, Ville Skyttä wrote:
> I think the Obsoletes alone accomplishes auto-upgrading from codeina to
> pk-gstreamer-plugin.   I hope that's what you meant as desirable in the
> above, I'm having a bit of a problem parsing it.

With an obsolete alone, 'yum update' would never see that it needs to
bring in pk-gstreamer-plugin.  Codeina would be left alone.  IMHO that's
not the scenario we want played out.  We /want/ Codeina replaced by the
packagekit solution, and the only way to make that happen for people
already with codeina installed is to add the Provides.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!