Re: [Fwd: Wikipidia - Goodbye Red Hat and Fedora]

Rui Miguel Silva Seabra escreveu:
> Using "-nolisten tcp" by default Is Good.
> Yes you can get it back if you have a strong reason (like you seem to
> have) for it :)
>
> If you have a strong reason for it, then you're in a very small minority
> of more advanced users :)
>
> Rui

I agree about the security issue. That's not the point. The point is
that something documented was changed by something undocumented that
just doesn't work like the previous version.

Besides, I think that the discussion about "real environments" and
"development environments" is merely academic. I think that for unstable
and undocumented features the right place is the rawhide repository.
When something migrates from rawhide to the mainstream release/update
repositories then it should provide a nice migration.

I agree that Fedora is aimed to development. But not everybody is
developing everything and having to stop what you're doing (especially
if you have only a limited amount of time available) to
reconfigure/retrofit something that was previously working is annoying
and counterproductive.