Re: Package review backlog.

On Fri, 2008-10-10 at 15:33 +0200, Christoph Wickert wrote:
> Am Freitag, den 10.10.2008, 14:14 +0100 schrieb David Woodhouse:
>
> > I propose that each FESCo member should try to work on at least one
> > package review per week. Each week at the FESCo meeting, we'll ask
> > members which reviews they've worked on in the past week.
> >
> > It won't be _mandatory_ --
> [snipped]
>
> As a rule of thumb it's ok, but it should not be mandatory. I think the
> FESCo members are already having a lot of work to do and I'm not sure if
> everybody has enough spare time for reviews.

Absolutely. Besides, if you do call it 'mandatory' you have to start
defining what would happen if people don't comply, and the whole thing
just gets silly.

I'm talking about a 'recommended practice', and just asking people each
week which packages they've looked at. Nothing more.

And even though people are busy, it shouldn't actually take _that_ long
to make progress on reviewing a single package, each week.

> But perhaps we should think about making your proposal mandatory for
> sponsors and - more important - for people who want to become a sponsor.

I'm not sure I'd even go that far. Let's try just raising the profile of
package review first, and see where we get with it.

Might also be useful to send a list to fedora-devel-list periodically
(daily/weekly), listing the packages which are awaiting review.

David Woodhouse intel com                              Intel Corporation