Status of libtool 2.2.X?

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Fri Oct 10 17:06:27 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-10-08 at 19:36 +0200, Karsten Hopp wrote:
> Getting libtool-2.2 into F-11 is my plan, but I most likely need to get that through
> FESCo as it breaks up to 300 packages according to my mass rebuilds. I'm going to
> prepare a Wiki page with details about that.

Isn't the whole point of libtool that it should make things _easier_,
not break huge swathes of packages whenever we change it?

How about we fix those 300 packages by making them _not_ use libtool,
rather than making them use the latest version?

David.Woodhouse at intel.com                              Intel Corporation