Status of libtool 2.2.X?

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Sat Oct 11 10:21:29 UTC 2008

On Fri, Oct 10, 2008 at 05:20:30PM -0400, Braden McDaniel wrote:
> A copy of the libtool script is typically included in a package.
> Breakage such as that patch fixes would only be incurred if
> libtoolize/autoreconf were run as part of the build process--something
> that simply shouldn't be happening in general for RPM builds.

If I parse that correctly, are you saying that autoreconf *shouldn't*
be run as part of an RPM build?

I have found that it sometimes needs autoreconf if I patch the
configure.ac script -- something which happens rather more frequently
when porting to MinGW.  (After these patches go upstream then it won't
be a problem of course).

Rich.

Read my OCaml programming blog: http://camltastic.blogspot.com/
Fedora now supports 68 OCaml packages (the OPEN alternative to F#)