[Fwd: Wikipidia - Goodbye Red Hat and Fedora]

Till Maas opensource at till.name
Sat Oct 11 14:58:43 UTC 2008

On Fri October 10 2008, Patrice Dumas wrote:

> support from the boards. Some months ago I proposed something for a
> fedora lts that was brought down, maybe for good reasons, but the tone
> of the discussions really showed very few support, and I'd even say some
> antagonism.

Iirc you would get support in terms of infrastructure in case you have a clear
proposal and enough people doing the work. Also they should show, that they
are really interested in doing this for long enough, that it does not look
like a failed project. E.g. starting now a Fedora LTS project and ending it
next year, because there are not enough maintainers/people interested in
doing the work, does not look good for Fedora.

If you think you have enough people, then maybe create a list of them and show
how they will maintain the packages for the LTS. E.g. they could be already
(co)maintainers of the current Fedora packages and do work within Fedora
Infrastructure, Security Response Team and Release Engineering, Translations
and all the other teams that are needed to compose a distribution. But you
cannot expect much support from people who do not have a big enough interest
in this project and spend time on it, that they could spend on improving the
parts of Fedora, they are interested in.

Regards,
Till