Re: [Fwd: Wikipidia - Goodbye Red Hat and Fedora]

On Sat, Oct 11, 2008 at 04:58:43PM +0200, Till Maas wrote:
> On Fri October 10 2008, Patrice Dumas wrote:
>
> > support from the boards. Some months ago I proposed something for a
> > fedora lts that was brought down, maybe for good reasons, but the tone
> > of the discussions really showed very few support, and I'd even say some
> > antagonism.
>
> Iirc you would get support in terms of infrastructure in case you have a clear
> proposal and enough people doing the work. Also they should show, that they
> are really interested in doing this for long enough, that it does not look
> like a failed project. E.g. starting now a Fedora LTS project and ending it
> next year, because there are not enough maintainers/people interested in
> doing the work, does not look good for Fedora.

My proposal was clear: start the project when somebody has volunteered
for each of the packages that are in @code and @base (and maybe other
comps groups, I don't remember exactly). And keep a page with the
packages maintained such as not to give wrong expectations.

--
Pat