Re: [Fwd: Wikipidia - Goodbye Red Hat and Fedora]

On Sun, Oct 12, 2008 at 12:01:35AM +0200, Ralph Angenendt wrote:

> It didn't work with the limited number of packages in 1, 2 and 3 - why (or
> how) should it work now with the much larger number of packages available
> for F9/10/11? The workload for maintaining legacy systems has increased
> manyfold. Sure, the number of people involved also has increased, but ...

There are many other differences. We can use the rules of fedora (and
could use the infrastructure). And after the merging there are more
involvment of the community in maintaining packages. I was interested in
legacy at some point, but everything was so different than in fedora
extras that it deterred me.

--
Pat