reviving Fedora Legacy

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Sun Oct 12 09:49:51 UTC 2008

Ralf Corsepius wrote:

> Similar proposals have come up several times before (I once proposed
> something like this), but so far, they all had been shoot down so far.

It seems that there isn't enough people interested in doing the work. If
there are, it is easy enough to form a SIG, demonstrate the interest and
get others to endorse that effort.

> Openly said, my impression that certain parties in Fedora fear a Fedora
> LTS rsp. life-time-extended Fedora to compete with RH products.

That makes no sense. Red Hat's business is providing services on top of
open source software. Fedora LTS wouldn't compete any better than one of
binary compatible RHEL rebuilds. Vague accusations such as these are
distinctly unhelpful. If you are going to make a claim, name the
specific "certain parties in Fedora".

Rahul