Fedora 9 + rawhide kernel/plymouth vs Fedora 10 rawhide - Plymouth or not plymouth... :D

Otto Rey otto_rey at yahoo.com.ar
Sun Oct 12 20:26:38 UTC 2008

Hardware: Notebook Toshiba Satelite, Athlon 64 X2, Radeon video chipset

Scenario 1 - Fedora 9 + updates (12-oct-2008) + rawhide kernel update (plymouth and others by dependecies), (12-oct-2008)

Plymouth showme a really nice fedora logo animation at startup. Everything works fine, no lficker screen, everything works really well except compiz (white screen)

Ok. I think that installing Rawhide, compiz will start working fine.

Scenario 2 - Fedora 10 Snapshot 1 + updates (12-oct-2008)  - Rawhide :)

Plymouth showme a sadly "text" progress bar at the button of screen. After login, screen flyck a little but compiz works fine.

I use plymouth-set-default-plugin solar (link in /usr/lib64/plymouth correctly changes) but no nice animation at startup, only ugly text progress bar.

I check rhgb boot parameter (this comes as default) and everything look correct, but no nice animation.

My question: how can i re-enable nice animation at startup? Should i file a bug?

Thanks

      Yahoo! Cocina
Recetas prácticas y comida saludable
http://ar.mujer.yahoo.com/cocina/