[Fwd: Wikipidia - Goodbye Red Hat and Fedora]

Horst H. von Brand vonbrand at inf.utfsm.cl
Mon Oct 13 01:32:51 UTC 2008

Emmanuel Seyman <emmanuel.seyman at club-internet.fr> wrote:
> * Patrice Dumas [12/10/2008 16:51] :
> > Which work? Not shutting down builders and other infras for the EOL
> > branches?

> Not just not shutting them down but actively maintaining them, which
> would require more work than maintaining the non-EOL branches.

I fail to see what the big job is here, but whatever.

> I'm sorry but, until there's a community committed to actually doing
> the work,

Backporting fixes, handling bug reports, ... Note that here you _can't_
rely on upstream, they generally aren't interested in ancient versions, so
this is /much/ more work than regular maintainership.

>           asking that infrastructure be created/adapted/maintained is an
> unreasonable request, IMHO.

Nodz.
Casilla 110-V, Valparaiso, Chile 2340000       Fax:  +56 32 2797513