[Fwd: Wikipidia - Goodbye Red Hat and Fedora]

Ralf Corsepius rc040203 at freenet.de
Mon Oct 13 06:09:45 UTC 2008

On Sat, 2008-10-11 at 14:13 -0600, Stephen John Smoogen wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 10, 2008 at 11:53 PM, Ralf Corsepius <rc040203 at freenet.de> wrote:
> > On Fri, 2008-10-10 at 17:08 -0600, Stephen John Smoogen wrote:

> > You know, you have been one of these - Do I really have to be more
> > direct?
> >

> Actually I think you are too direct. You seem to have been
> disappointed with how Fedora's leadership has gone, and never seem to
> avoid a situation to remind people that. You complain about too much
> bueracracy and lack of democracy, but your alternatives seem to be
> communicated always as "do as a I say"  without compromise.
Absolutely not.

Compromising would require general agreement on "presence of a problem"
and "willingness to develop solutions". Unfortunately, I don't see them
in Fedora. To the contrary, I observe Fedora people celebrating things I
consider to be regressions/problems as "great achievements and
progress".