Re: [Fwd: Wikipidia - Goodbye Red Hat and Fedora]

Rahul Sundaram пишет:
Pavel Alexeev (aka Pahan-Hubbitus) wrote:
Matej Cepl пишет:
On 2008-10-10, 13:13 GMT, Mark Bidewell wrote:
I would submit that CentOS/RHEL IS the equivalent of
Fedora LTS.

I would venture even to say that CentOS *is* Fedora LTS
I agree what CentOS is more stable and has more time support, but it is totally not equivalent of Fedora. Just see CVS branches of programs for Fedora and RHEL. So, many (notably new and not highly famous) programs is not present in RHEL and CentOS.

About 2000 more in EPEL. http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL. Participate, if you would like to see your (missing) favourites as well.

Rahul

Off course. This is not reproach. I'm only constant fact - CentOS is far from "Fedora LTS" equivalent. So, I'm choose Fedora and participate in it. And, with think what Fedora no needed LTS, any similar it is highly needed for servers, I thought sometimes.