Re: [Fwd: Wikipidia - Goodbye Red Hat and Fedora]

Arthur Pemberton пишет:
2008/10/10 Toshio Kuratomi <a badger gmail com>:
Dmitry Butskoy wrote:
Itamar - IspBrasil wrote:
any chance to increase the life of fedora releases ?

or fedora will be only blending edge ?

In my opinion fedora is losing space from centos and ubuntu

The brazilian government, one of the biggest Fedora Case of the world is
changing from Fedora/ Red Hat to Ubuntu/Debian.
The problem was at an initial point, when Fedora was considered "for
enthusiasts only". A lot of previous "RedHat Linux enthusiasts" just
switch to CentOS (and similar RHEL-based systems), no more using Fedora,
because "it is marked as a non-for-production system even by its creators".

The fact that they switched to CentOS is *good* for Fedora.  CentOS's
goals are better oriented to the needs of someone that wants to deploy a
system and run it for years.

They switched to Debian and Ubuntu. There is no evidence that they
considered Centos.

Apropos, is it very interesting - why?? Why Wikipedia was not considered Centos to migrate?. I'm not found any thinks about it in article.