Regarding install options

Patrice Dumas pertusus at free.fr
Mon Oct 13 16:45:36 UTC 2008

On Mon, Oct 13, 2008 at 09:40:09AM -0700, Jesse Keating wrote:
> On Mon, 2008-10-13 at 18:13 +0200, Patrice Dumas wrote:
> > On Mon, Oct 13, 2008 at 08:29:11AM -0700, Jesse Keating wrote:
> > >
> > > Probably because you haven't been on the front line, taking the bug
> > > reports, talking to users at events, trying to tweak the targets to
> > > match expectation and continually failing because there is no singular
> > > expectation.
> >
> > Indeed, so just come with what you prefer. With otr without python
> > it will be better than what is now.
>
> Not sure what you mean by "otr".

'or'

> When I raised a bit of objection over adding 'yum' to the @core list,
> the responding argument was that if you're getting so specific in your
> 'minimal' install, you're either doing a chroot type install or can
> modify a groupdata set to strip it out for your install, whereas for all
> the other cases it's better to have it there.

I think that these are valid arguments, in my opinion you should just
decide (as the release manager in chief or something like that ;-) for
others, as there will never be an agreement. I think that it would be
better to have yum, but understand perfectly that other are better with
rpm only.

--
Pat