Re: reviving Fedora Legacy

Jesse Keating wrote:
No, it is an artifact of wildly changing APIs. That was just an obvious example. The same applies to apache/perl/python and just about every other package versioning.

But upstream chanced those APIs, and isn't upstream always right?

Even if it is right in the long run, the point of a distribution is to to protect its users from mid-release breakage. If I wanted the upstream version as-is every day, I'd download it directly myself. I expect a distribution to not break compatibility with what it packaged and shipped yesterday.

--
  Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell gmail com