[Fwd: Wikipidia - Goodbye Red Hat and Fedora]

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Tue Oct 14 06:43:26 UTC 2008

On Tue, Oct 14, 2008 at 7:09 PM, Ralf Corsepius <rc040203 at freenet.de> wrote:
>> The free
>> availability of binaries is never a requirement for any of the free and
>> open source licenses.
> This is what RedHat propaganda is telling you.

I've done several papers in Law School specifically on software
licensing and analysis of GPL and related licenses. Rahul's statement
is correct -- no licenses require availability of binaries.

Might be awkward or less than helpful, but it's comfortably within the
rules of the license.

cheers,

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com
 - ask interesting questions