[Fwd: Wikipidia - Goodbye Red Hat and Fedora]

Horst H. von Brand vonbrand at inf.utfsm.cl
Tue Oct 14 13:46:40 UTC 2008

Patrice Dumas <pertusus at free.fr> wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 13, 2008 at 03:38:03PM +0200, Emmanuel Seyman wrote:
> > * Les Mikesell [13/10/2008 15:31] :
> > >
> > > The supported versions may be wildly different at any time and the next
> > > version may not be suitable for what you want to keep running.
> >
> > Sounds like you should be using a distribution that offers a longer
> > support time than the Fedora offers.

> Sounds like you don't want fedora packagers to volunteer for a longer
> (support) time in fedora (not necessarily under the fedora name but in
> the fedora infrastructure).

Show me the developers who are _commited_ on making it happen, then we can
talk. The infrastructure is in place.

Fedora Legacy foundered because everybody said they wanted it, almost
nobody was willing to do the (hard!) work, and in the end the "many users"
didn't materialize either.

[No, I'm not talking in any official Fedora position, but I think the above
 sort of sums it up.]
Casilla 110-V, Valparaiso, Chile 2340000       Fax:  +56 32 2797513