[Fwd: Wikipidia - Goodbye Red Hat and Fedora]

Josh Boyer jwboyer at gmail.com
Tue Oct 14 15:06:32 UTC 2008

On Tue, Oct 14, 2008 at 04:56:50PM +0200, Patrice Dumas wrote:
>On Tue, Oct 14, 2008 at 10:46:40AM -0300, Horst H. von Brand wrote:
>>
>> Show me the developers who are _commited_ on making it happen, then we can
>> talk. The infrastructure is in place.
>
>I am, and a few others. But the infrastructure is still not in place. I
>mean it may be physically, but there hasn't been an agreement from
>fedora leadership. But I'll propose something for th enext FESCo, we'll
>see how it turns out.

As a suggestion, create your proposal focusing around opening the ACLs
on the older package branches, and keeping the build infrastructure in
place for them.  Don't mention "LTS" and take baby steps.

FESCo will likely ask for input from Infrastructure and Rel-Eng as well,
given that Rel-Eng would be required to push updates, and Infrastructure
will have to allocate storage for this.  Getting the conversation
started with those groups now would be advised.  Infrastructure has been
moving EOL releases to archives, so other changes would be needed to
point repos to the right locations would be needed also.

josh