Re: Collapsing DVD and CD torrents into one

On Fri October 17 2008, Jesse Keating wrote:
> Most torrent clients I've seen today allow you to pick and choose which
> files you wish to download.  As such, does it make sense to collapse the
> DVD and CD torrents into a single torrent and allow people to use the
> client to pick which they want?  Are there pros/cons to this?

I have a probably crazy idea: How about composing the DVD iso using a
filesystem that contains the CD isos and a bootloader that can use the CD
isos as installation source? Then a little bit of space of the DVD iso would
be wasted and it would take a little more effort to burn only the CD isos,
but then only one torrent would be needed and everyone can easily share
bandwidth with everyone else.

Regards,
Till