Collapsing DVD and CD torrents into one

Callum Lerwick seg at haxxed.com
Sat Oct 18 07:50:51 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2008-10-17 at 21:17 +0000, seth vidal wrote:

> > > The original bittorrent client does *NOT* have this feature.
> >
> > The "original" client went proprietary and is a dead end. Everybody
> > should be using something more actively maintained.
> >

> in terms of clients - there are a lot of choices.
> in terms of trackers and good server-like-seeders there are NOT a lot of
> choices.
>
> the original bittorrent client pre-proprietary is the best we have right
> now.

I'd suggest just biting the bullet, fire up a vncserver instance, and
run Azureus. It is incredibly flexible at managing many torrents at
once, it can run a tracker as well, and the GUI allows you a level of
insight into the status of a torrent that you just won't get from a text
client.

In "Advanced" mode it's downright overwhelming. But you need a power
user tool for a power user job... If you need someone to help tweak the
knobs, I may know someone... :)