opengl transitions in ooo (was: OpenOffice and go-oo)

On Mon, Oct 13, 2008 at 10:55:07AM +0100, Caolán McNamara wrote:
> On Mon, 2008-10-13 at 09:57 +0100, Aidan Delaney wrote:
> > the opengl slide transitions
>
> They're still in a bit of a confused state, but I hope to see these in
> Fedora for F-11. I felt it was a bit much to take on for 3.0 with the
> simultaneous complexity of a three-layer OOo and more reliance on OOo
> extensions.

I'd love to see them earlier, if possible. They had been used as
marketing material already in the 2.4.x timeline and people I have
been trying to convert to using Linux & OpenOffice are referring to
them and would like to see them.

I don't think they are really that useful just like compiz eye candy
isn't, but it makes a difference in some parts of the target audience
that currently marks this a vaporware on Fedora. E.g. from a marketing
POV we should be able to offer them.

Is there an easy way for a non ooo expert to help adding them for F10
already?
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net