Re: Sendmail still default?

David Woodhouse wrote:
On Sun, 2008-10-19 at 09:47 -0500, Les Mikesell wrote:
Which means that you can't run your choice of tests on a message during the smtp conversation before you accept it - at least without starting a new process for each one which is expensive for large programs like spamassassin.

As is often the case, it seems, you are entirely incorrect.

One of my choices of tests on an inbound relay machine has been to check that the user exists using an smtp check against the internal delivery host. How would I do that on an MTA that does not handle milters?

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell gmail com