Plan for tomorrows (20081022) FESCO meeting

Denis Leroy denis at poolshark.org
Wed Oct 22 19:54:36 UTC 2008

Tom "spot" Callaway wrote:
> Its time Zope moved into the 21st century.

What do Zope developers say about the python upgrade ?

And to play devil's advocate, what would be their incentive to upgrade
if, for example, they're perfectly happy with 2.4 ("if it ain't broken,
don't fix it") and the upgrade would invalidate, say, 6 months of test
validation and qualification ? I'm not saying that's true (I have no
idea), this is just for argument's sake :-)

I remember back in a previous job where we used a gigantic (as in,
gigantic) Perl script to run all sorts of hardware verification stuff.
Every single minor Perl update meant 1 week of chasing and nailing down
bugs. Granted, that was years ago and stuff is more stable now, but I
can imagine some people would not be happy being "coerced" into
upgrading a critical component...

denis