Too early emails about updates?

Dmitry Butskoy buc at odusz.so-cdu.ru
Thu Oct 23 17:28:41 UTC 2008

Recently something was changed in a way how update reports go to
fedora-package-announce list.

Previously, at a time when I received such emails, the correspond
updates was already presented at the primary Fedora repository. Now, I
receive emails, but the updates are still missing.

Certainly nobody can demand that recent updates appear on mirrors too
soon. But at the primary site, the previous behaviour (ie. first in
repo, then email report) would be preferable. Some people download
updates manually (fe. "yum --downloadonly" into a local repository, then
check source/changelog, then update local hosts etc.). This disorder
causes them to remember that they should re-check repositories later.

~buc