Re: R-devel going away

On Thursday 23 October 2008 19:22:07 James Antill wrote:
>  Well it kinda fits the "people expect foo-core + additions" _assuming_
> CRAN is a requirement, but really why don't we just package more of the
> R modules so CRAN usage isn't a requirement?

There are more than 1500 modules (the have been growing at an exponential rate
in the last years). So while we would like to see more R packages in Fedora in
are not even near to have a reasonable subset of R packaged.

So for the moment CRAN is really a requirement to use R in Fedora.

--
José Abílio