Re: X on tty1 in Rawhide/F10

Dan Nicholson wrote:
On Tue, Oct 28, 2008 at 6:55 AM, Dmitry Butskoy <buc odusz so-cdu ru> wrote:
Chuck Anderson wrote:
The system boots up in tty1 first.  Having X change to tty7 is a VT
change, hence flicker and delay.

Well,

Is it possible for users who do not use "graphical boot" (there are such
users...), use "traditional" tty7 instead?

IOW, if X is already running, leave it on tty1, else invoke it on tty7. If
tty1 is already busy (by X), do not invoke mingetty on it.

Users who do not want a graphical boot set rc 3 as their default
runlevel,

Not all, I do not use graphical boot and set rc 5 ;)

Though I boot my desktop (==workstation) approximately once in month... (It explains why I do not need neither graphical, nor fastest boot...)

 and everything is the same as it always was with getty on
tty1-6. If you then run startx, it will start on tty7.

Well, if I change the "consoles/X" order in upstart, then gdm will appear at tty7 as before?

~buc