Re: X on tty1 in Rawhide/F10

Bill Nottingham wrote:
1) Reducing the amount of flicker and useless mode switching on startup
is definitely a good thing
2) From a logical standpoint, the first tty should be for the most important
user interaction. If you're booting in text mode, that's a getty. If
you're booting with a GUI login... that's the GUI.

Bill
We disagree on the second point. I don't see where the GUI login cares which tty is being used. But humans switching to console mode do want to know which parameter to use.